Are you wondering how to see the Komodo Dragons? Then follow our Travel Guidelines to See Komodo. This is the important part when you visit the homeland of Komodo Dragons.
Komodo National Park consists of small islands located in East Nusa Tenggara Indonesia. This is the only place where you can find the largest lizard in the world.
Komodo Dragons live on two main islands, Rinca Island and Komodo island. On Rinca island, there are about 1.300 species and on Komodo island, there are about 1.500 species. The other species are in Motang Island, Pulau Kode.
Below are some travel guidelines to see Komodo:
- Book your tour in advance for a better arrangement. So you will have a lot of time to prepare for the Komodo trip.
- Komodo is dry, savannah, and very hot. We recommend not smoking on the island.
- Casual wear is very recommended.
- Wear sunglasses and a hat
- Trekking shoes are also recommended to wear.
- Don’t forget to bring sunscreen
- Don’t wear a red colored t-shirt, Komodo will recognize your t-shirt as blood
- If you are a woman in a period, please do not join the trip.
- Pregnant women are not allowed
- No heart attack
- Komodo is a monitoring lizard, it can run 20km per hour. Please follow after yourself and follow all the ranger instructions.
- Baby Komodos are often in the trees, keep your self
- Keep silent while you are on the island, do not scream
- Never try to go alone, stay in your group
- Contact your ranger if you have a problem
Where to stay and where to eat during the tour?
This is probably one of the important things as there are no such restaurants in Komodo National Park. So at the moment, all Komodo boat trips have provided your meals during the tour.
There are probably small shops hanging on Komodo Island and Rinca. Most of them only sell daily needs such as snacks, etc. During the tour, you will have your meals on the boat. The tour guide will let you know everything they have on the boat before the trip starts in Labuan Bajo.
Accommodation is also not available in Komodo National Park. The only way you can sleep and rest during the tour is on the boat. All the boats provide cabin rooms, airconditioning, and non-airconditioning.
Activities you can do during the Komodo tour
Below are some of the recommended things to do during the Komodo trip:
Komodo National Park is famous for its underwater world. It is one of the world-class diving sites. Swimming, snorkeling, seeing Komodo Dragons, and diving are the best things you can do during the Komodo trip.
- Enjoy the breathtaking views on Padar island, Kanawa island, Gili Laba, and Rinca Island.
- Strolling on Pink san beach in Komodo National Park
- You can enjoy snorkeling with Manta Rays at Manta Point
- Snorkeling on Manjarite Island. One of the best snorkeling spots in Komodo National Park
- Hiking on Rinca and Komodo Island to see Komodo Dragons
- Enjoy a beach walk in Taka Makasar, a small heap of sand.
- Taking Pictures. If you are a landscape photographer, you can have a shot in Padar, Kanawa, and Gili Laba.
There are many more things you can do during the tour. Ask your tour operator for the best recommendations. Always make sure to find a great travel agency for better service.