n itsito 7Are you wondering where to go in Labuan Bajo? If yes, then follow the below-detailed places to visit in Labuan Bajo. We have listed the 7 best places to visit in Labuan Bajo. Labuan Bajo has several destinations to visit including waterfalls, traditions, and cultures. You will be able to explore the city with Labuan Bajo tour package arrangements.
If you don’t have enough time to visit the famous Komodo National Park, just don’t worry. You can still visit some beautiful places to see around Labuan Bajo. You can do this even on a half-day trip. Take a Labuan Bajo city tour, and you will be able to visit a few places.
Labuan Bajo is the capital city of Manggarai district. It is a small town that has become one of the popular tourist destinations in Indonesia. Labuan Bajo is the main gateway to start your trip to Komodo National Park. The town also has a ferry docking from Sape, West Nusa Tenggara Indonesia.
List of 7 best places to visit in Labuan Bajo
Below are recommended places you can visit while in Labuan Bajo:
- Rangko Cave is one of the most popular caves located 30 minutes north of Labuan Bajo. It is a limestone cave with a natural pool inside the cave. This pool will become more beautiful when sunlight hits it. You can get there by motorbike or join a Labuan Bajo day tour.
- Bukit Sylvia (Sylvia hill) is a small hill located in the area of Labuan Bajo. You can get there in less than 10 minutes by motorbike or car. Bukit Sylvia offers a beautiful view and you can have a sunset here.
- Batu Cermin (mirror cave) is located 10 minutes from Labuan Bajo. It is a tunnel with a beautiful cave formation right in the front. You can follow the small tunnel to get to Batu Mirror Rock. This Mirror cave is hit by sunlight, and mirror reflection, and is sparkless due to the salt deposits in the rock.
- Pede Beach is located on the south side of Labuan Bajo. It’s a 5-minute drive from the main city. This is one of the most beautiful beaches in Labuan Bajo with a white sandy beach. You can have a sunset at this place.
- Kampung Melo (Melo Village). It is one of the Manggarai traditional villages in Labuan Bajo. This village is the place where you can see the Caci dance performance, it is the most popular traditional dance in Flores. You can also enjoy spectacular views from this village.
- Cunca Wulang Canyon is located half an hour’s drive from Labuan Bajo. You will trek through the tropical forest to the canyon, and enjoy swimming and jumping.
- Cunca Rami Waterfall is located 1 hour from Labuan Bajo. This is the most popular waterfall near Labuan Bajo. While enjoying a walk through the tropical forest, you will also enjoy ricefield.
These are all the 7 best places to visit in Labuan Bajo. You may consider visiting Labuan Bajo. Enjoy your holiday!
Getting to Labuan Bajo
Before you jump to those recommended destinations, we will also inform you of getting to Labuan Bajo from major tourist places in Indonesia.
Below are the ways to get there:
- Flight from Bali (Denpasar Airport) to Labuan Bajo. There are daily flights from Bali, which take approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- Flight from Jakarta to Labuan Bajo. It takes about 2 1/2 hours for a direct flight. The flight from Jakarta offers daily departure with more than one schedule.
- Ferry and bus from Bali and Lombok. If you go from Bali, you will get 3 ferries, from Bali to Lombok (Lembar), Lombok to Sumbawa, and Sape to Labuan Bajo. Get on the bus from Bali, Lombok, and Sumbawa to Sape harbor. This will take approximately 1 1/2 days.
- PELNI from Bali or Lombok. This big ship runs 2 times a month. It will take 1 1/2 days to get to Labuan Bajo.
- Komodo boat trip from Lombok for 4 days and 3 nights. This will cover visits to some of the best destinations in Sumbawa and Komodo National Park before getting there.
We hope you find what you are looking for through this page, otherwise, you can send us an email if you have questions. We are happy to help you with any questions about things to do during your holiday in Labuan Bajo Indonesia.
Visit also page: Destinations in Komodo National Park
Recommended Day Tours in Labuan Bajo
For your best travel experience during a visit to Labuan Bajo, on this page, you can find some of the best day tours to book. You may try to book one of these Labuan Bajo tour packages. Otherwise, you can try to explore your own best-day tours to book.
Half-day Goa Rangko cave tour package is one of the best-recommended tours to book. This tour will allow you to explore one of the best destinations in Labuan Bajo which is popular as Goa Ranko Cave. Besides that, you will also visit a white sand bar near Rangko village and a sunset at Bukit Sylvia.
The Cunca Wulang day tour package will allow you to visit one of the popular canyons in Labuan Bajo. On this tour package, you will also visit Melo village for a spectacular view. And then, you visit Goa Batu Cermin. This is also the best day tour to book while you are in Labuan Bajo.
Cunca Rami Waterfall tour package. This tour will allow you to explore one of the amazing waterfalls in Labuan Bajo. Besides that, you will also enjoy the beautiful ricefield on the way to the waterfall.
Melo Village Caci dance festival. This tour is a type of culture tour package. If you want to learn more about the culture of Manggarai, Flores Indonesia, this is one of the recommended tours to book. You will have a chance to join this stick fighting and try the traditional dance.
These Labuan Bajo day tours are also possible to combine with the Komodo boat tours or Flores tour packages. You can customize the places to visit in Komodo and Labuan Bajo. These will be the best recommended for your holiday experience to Labuan Bajo and Komodo National Park.