Are you wondering where to go in Labuan Bajo? If yes, then follow the below-detailed places to visit in Labuan Bajo. We have listed the 7 best places to visit in Labuan Bajo. We hope you get what you are looking for through this blog.
If you don’t have enough time to visit the famous Komodo National Park, just don’t worry. You can still visit some beautiful places to see around Labuan Bajo. You can do this even on a half-day trip. Take a Labuan Bajo city tour, and you will be able to visit a few places.
Labuan Bajo is the capital city of Manggarai district. It is a small town which has become a popular tourist destination. You can also do a Komodo island tour from this town, it is the only main entrance gate to Komodo.
List of 7 best places to visit in Labuan Bajo
Below are recommended places you can visit while in Labuan Bajo:
- Rangko Cave is one of the most popular caves located 30 minutes north of Labuan Bajo. It is a limestone cave with a natural pool inside the cave. This pool will become more beautiful when sunlight hits it. You can get there by motorbike or join a Labuan Bajo day tour.
- Bukit Sylvia (Sylvia hill) is a small hill located in the area of Labuan Bajo. You can get there in less than 10 minutes by motorbike or car. Bukit Sylvia offers a beautiful view and you can have a sunset here.
- Batu Cermin (mirror cave) is located 10 minutes from Labuan Bajo. It is a tunnel with a beautiful cave formation right in the front. You can follow the small tunnel to get to Batu Mirror Rock. This Mirror cave is hit by sunlight, mirror reflection, and sparkless due to the salt deposits in the rock.
- Pede Beach is located on the south side of Labuan Bajo. It’s a 5-minute drive from the main city. This is one of the beautiful beaches in Labuan Bajo with a white sandy beach. You can have sunset at this place.
- Kampung Melo (Melo Village). It is one of the Manggarai traditional villages in Labuan Bajo. This village is the place where you can see the Caci dance performance, it is the most popular traditional dance in Flores. You can also enjoy spectacular views from this village.
- Cunca Wulang Canyon is located half an hour’s drive from Labuan Bajo. You will trek through the tropical forest to the canyon, enjoy swimming and jumping.
- Cunca Rami Waterfall is located 1 hour from Labuan Bajo. This is the most popular waterfall near Labuan Bajo. While enjoying a walk through the tropical forest, you will also enjoy ricefield.
These are all the best places that you may consider visiting Labuan Bajo, enjoy your holiday!
Getting to Labuan Bajo
Before you jump to those recommended destinations, we will also inform you of getting to Labuan Bajo from major tourist places in Indonesia.
Below are the ways to get there:
- Flight from Bali (Denpasar Airport) to Labuan Bajo. There are daily flights from Bali, which take approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- Flight from Jakarta to Labuan Bajo. It takes about 2 1/2 hours for a direct flight.
- Ferry and bus from Bali and Lombok. If you go from Bali, you will get 3 ferries, from Bali to Lombok (Lembar), Lombok to Sumbawa, and Sape to Labuan Bajo. Get on the bus from Bali, Lombok, and Sumbawa to Sape harbor. This will take approximately 1 1/2 days.
- PELNI from Bali or Lombok. This big ship runs 2 times a month. It will take 1 1/2 days to get to Labuan Bajo.
- Komodo boat trip from Lombok for 4 days and 3 nights. This will cover visits to some of the best destinations in Sumbawa and Komodo National Park before getting there.
We hope you find what you are looking for through this page, otherwise, you can send us an email if you have questions.