Travel to Komodo National Park is one of the best and the recommended activities while you are in Indonesia. It is the only place where the largest lizard called Komodo Dragons are living. Besides the Komodo Dragons, there are also some places you can visit. We have listed the top 10 best places to visit in Komodo National Park.
Getting there by sea is the only best access at the moment. You can try to book a Komodo boat trip from Labuan Bajo. There are a variety of Komodo tour packages that they offer such as a 3-day Komodo tour package.
The other best Komodo island tour is a full-day speed boat tour from Labuan Bajo. This kind of tour package will allow you to visit more than 5 destinations.
Top 10 Best Places to Visit in Komodo National Park
Below are the 10 recommended destinations to visit in Komodo:
- Manjarite is an island that is close to mainland Flores. It offers a beautiful beach with white sandy beaches. This place is famous for its underwater life, the best places for swimming and snorkeling.
- Rinca Island is an island where Komodo Dragons live. Here you will be hiking and enjoying the spectacular landscape. You will also find some other species such as buffalo, birds, and deer.
- Kalong Island is popular with bats island. It is an island where you can enjoy the sunset while watching the thousands of bats flying over the island.
- Komodo Island is a homeland for over 1.400 species of Komodo Dragons. Hiking to find the Komodo Dragons, you can also visit the Komodo village.
- Pink Beach is located in the North of Komodo island. It is a popular beach to spend time on your Komodo trip. Enjoy swimming, snorkeling, and lounge on a pink sand beach. You can also hike to a small hill on the side of the beach for pictures.
- Gili Lawa is an island with spectacular views, surrounded by a clear blue sea. Hike a small hill on the island to find your best spot for pictures and sightseeing. The place is also famous for snorkeling, swimming, and diving.
- Padar island is one of the large islands in Komodo National Park. The island offers a spectacular view with its beautiful island formation. You can hike for pictures and stunning views. The island is also one of the spectacular places to have sundown.
- Manta Point is where you will find schools in Manta Rays in Komodo National Park. Enjoy snorkeling with Manta Rays.
- Taka Makasar is a great heap formatted of white sandy. It is located in the same place as Manta Point. Enjoy snorkeling, swimming, and taking pictures.
- Kelor Island is an island located in Komodo National Park. It is one of the recommended islands to visit while you are in Komodo. The island is famous for its spectacular views, white sand beaches, and the best place for snorkeling and swimming.
How do I get there?
If you are in Bali, then flight to Labuan Bajo for approximately 1 1/2 hours. After that, get on the Komodo boat tour. The Komodo Island tour packages from Labuan Bajo offer many types of tours.
The other way to get there is by ferry from Sape (West Nusa Tenggara) for 5 hours or join a Komodo boat sailing from Lombok. A boat trip from Lombok will take 4 days and 3 nights, this trip will allow you to visit some places around Lombok and Sumbawa Island.
If you want to visit at least 5 to 10 places, we recommend booking a liveaboard trip. There you can choose to book a 3 day Komodo tour or 4 days Komodo boat trip. These Komodo tour packages are most suitable to book if you want to visit more places.
You can also find street vendors in Labuan Bajo for tour arrangements or some online tour bookings agencies. It is very recommended to book in advance.